Monday, December 11, 2006

And I approve this message

I am a Steelers fan.

This means that I can't be a Browns fan, I guess.

Regardless, I lend my official approval (whatever that's worth) to Craig Lyndall's idea that Bill Cowher should coach the Cleveland Browns.

I will make my reasoning short and sweet, especially since it's exam time:

1) Cowher is a bona fide winner who spent some of his coaching and playing time in Cleveland.

2) Cowher is burning out from the same scenery in Pittsburgh, and honestly, we can't expect that he'll be there forever. Putting one of his understudies in the head coaching position may put some new fire into a gassing team.

3) The Browns-Steelers rivalry has weakened. This means that the games aren't as exciting anymore (what was the last Steelers win by? 20?), and worse, Cincinnati and BALTIMORE are ruling the division. If Cowher's on the Browns and the Steelers are fired up again, every Browns-Steelers game will be meaningful because both teams will likely control the division...and that's how it should be.

4) Chad Johnson would have to answer for his lack of wins in the Battle of Ohio

5) Steelers fan though I am, I think Cleveland Browns fans deserve better.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ha! Like anything would help the Browns! Oh I'm sorry, it is just that I grew up in Northeast Ohio, you know? It is sort of like waiting for the Cubs to win the World Series, or the Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup, or...ok, I think you get my point.

Anonymous said...

kkbSeriously, why would ANYONE want to coach the Browns? If I were Bill Cowher, and in just two seasons I went from winning the Super Bowl to coaching one of the worst teams in football... I do believe I'd kill myself.