Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wait, really?

Wow, gotta say, this surprised me.

Seems like a serious stretch though, mainly because the majority of the details are not known. Maybe when more information becomes available, I'll form a different opinion.

I admit, I pegged the parents as being guilty as hell, but that's just me.

One thing that troubles me about this story:

"Wood would not say how the Ramseys knew Karr. But JonBenet was born in Atlanta in 1990, and the Ramseys lived in the Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody for several years before moving to Colorado in 1991. "

So what was the guy doing in Colorado then? I dunno, I live in Illinois now, and I have no family, no serious friends, no real reason to be in Colorado. Even if I were single (I'm happily engaged), I don't think I'd even make a serious effort to go to Colorado for sex. So what was this guy doing there, unless he was working? I also thought I heard something about there not being any sign of forced entry. SOMEONE had to let him in, and I don't trust that it was JonBenet.

Again, I don't have enough information, but it seems like the cops really wanted to close this case. The only thing that legitimizes it in my eyes is, after more than a decade, no one could possibly care that much about closing this case. Everyone pretty much was okay accepting that the parents probably did it, though no one would know the truth.

If the case is officially closed though, thank God. I'd like to believe the system works in some fashion.

No comments: