Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Heart Media

Thanks to the national media outlets...

...I had to dig for information about why gas prices are so high

...I had to dig even deeper to find where low gas prices are

...I know that one of America's largest corporations, GM, is in trouble, but I had to dig for info to find out how much trouble and why

...I had to dig for more information about what Congress is doing at the moment (All I knew was it had something to do with flag-burning)

...I had to find out from The Daily Show that the Bush Administration was mad at the New York Times for an article they printed

...I have little to no idea what the Supreme Court is ruling on (and they are ruling on a lot of things)

...I didn't even know why Israel was mad until they invaded the Gaza Strip

...I have scant clue what's going on in my state or city today or this weekend

...I know there's flooding going on, but I don't exactly know where

...I have little to no idea what progress is being made in Iraq or Afghanistan

But thanks to the national media outlets...

...I am a total expert when it comes to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's kids

...I know when Britney Spears is eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

...I feel like I was there at Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's "private" wedding

I think we have some "values" problems in this nation...

No comments: